Georgia Developmental Disabilities Network COVID-19
The Georgia Developmental Disabilities Network (GDDN) is a consortium of 14 Georgia disability focused organizations that are committed to connecting people with resources during the COVID-19 pandemic. GDDN hosts monthly phone calls to support individuals with disabilities, parents and family members, caregivers and other stakeholders to share COVID-19 challenges. The monthly webinars provide resources for Georgians with disabilities and other stakeholders that offer guidance on navigating various topics such as Medicaid waivers, employment, Appendix K and more.
The resources are available below. Click the category of interest below and access various links, recordings and information. For questions, email .
GDDN partners include: Adult Disability Medical Healthcare, The Arc Georgia, Bobby Dodd Institute, Center for Leadership in Disability at Georgia State University, Department of Public Health Georgia, Down Syndrome Association of Atlanta, FOCUS, The Fragile X Association of Georgia, Georgia Advocacy Office, Georgia Council on Developmental Disabilities, Institute on Human Development and Disability at the University of Georgia, Parent to Parent of Georgia, Spectrum Autism Support, Education and Resources, Tools for Life - Georgia's Assistive Technology Act Program and Uniting for Change.
Click each item below for more information.
+ Key Documents
+ Appendix K
+ COVID-19 Info
+ Health Care
+ Mental Health and Support Resources
- Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741741 to connect with a crisis counselor or visit www.crisistextline.org
- Georgia COVID-19 Emotional Support Line: 866-399-8938
- GCAL (Georgia Crisis Access Line) is a 24/7 hotline: 800-715-4225
- Anxiety Support: https://www.loveislouder.org/
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance (DBSA) https://www.dbsalliance.org/
- Harvard Business Review Research: Why Breathing is So Effective at Reducing Stress
- Mindfulness, stress management for parents and caregivers on Zoom. Contact:
- Support Group Central (online groups through Zoom):
- STREAMING MEDITATIONS
- Center for Mindful Self-Compassion (click here to access)
- Gratitude: One Minute Gratitude Practice (click here to access)
- Mindfulness Without Borders Guided Meditations (click here to access)
- One Minute Ocean Meditation (click here to access)
- Take Five Meditation (click here to access)
- Ten Good Breaths Mediation (click here to access)
- Ten Percent Happier Handwashing Meditation Poster
+ National Policy
+ Non-Waiver Supports
+ Plain Language Materials
+ Social Security & Other Benefits
+ Spanish Language Materials
+ Special Education
+ Weekly Call Materials
To see all documents, visit the main “Georgia Resources” folder via Google Drive.
For additional onformation, visit our COVID-19 Resource page.