GCDD Announces New NoFA for Human Resources Consultant
22ADM1: Human Resources Consultant
The purpose of this Notice of Funds Available (NoFA) is to solicit proposals to GCDD from Human Resource firms and professionals to provide support to the organization members and staff as it relates to human resource services. This will be a one year contract, eligible to renewed on an annual basis based on performance and agreement among staff and members that the support is still required.
Grant amount is $30,000. Applications for this grant are due by September 15, 2021. This notice was posted on August 26, 2021. The start date is October 15, 2021 and the end date is September 14, 2022.
To provide support to the organization members and staff as it relates to human resource services by September 14, 2022.
Anticipated activities include:
- Audit the Organization's existing employee Personnel Manual in order to ascertain what policies are not in the current document which should be and to identify existing policies that should be added, removed or modified considering current employment laws and best practices.
- Provide a checklist of necessary policies that are needed or wanted by the Organization and work with the Organization to identify specific policies to put into the new Handbook.
- Provide specific questions to gather any additional ideas regarding content for the employee Handbook and use that input for the design of the Handbook.
- Advise on what policies are applicable for Georgia law, as compared to requirements of Councils in other States (if applicable) to ensure the
- Organization is compliant for Georgia and its federal funding source.
- Submit a first draft Handbook for feedback and based on the feedback provided, the Contractor will make revisions and submit a second draft.
- The Consultant will submit the final draft electronically of the Handbook and any policies that are part of the Appendix to the Handbook for easy reference.
- Phone conference meetings to complete required work within usual and customary services under this agreement will be arranged and covered by the Organization.
Schedule of Events
This Request for Proposals will be governed by the following schedule:
• August 25, 2021 RFP posted on DD Suite and GCDD Website
• September 7, 2021 Deadline for Written Questions
• September 15, 2021 Applications Due in DD Suite by 11:59 PM
• September 15 - 30, 2021 Application Review and Evaluation
• October 1, 2021 Finalist Notified, Notice of Intent to Award Posted
• October 4-8, 2021 Contract Negotiations with assigned program staff
• October 11-14, 2021 Complete Contract process (Signatures)
• October 15, 2021 Work Begins
Eligibility & Requirements
Responses to this solicitation will be accepted from any individual, organization or corporation with significant experience in Human Resources consulting.
Applications must be submitted online via https://www.ddsuite.org, prior to the published deadline. No hard copies will be accepted. Applicants must have or create a DD Suite user account and an organization account in order to submit an application. Go to https://www.ddsuite.org and click on "HELP TAB" for detailed instructions on creating DD Suite user and organization accounts.
Additional Submission Requirements:
• Three professional references who can speak to your qualifications and experience. (Upload references to your DD Suite application.)
There will be no debriefing for applicants who are not selected. All applicants who respond to this NOFA will be notified of the outcome of their application (awarded, application modifications requested, or denied) by email through DD Suite.
Restrictions on Communication
Applicants are restricted from communicating with GCDD staff and Council members during the competitive NoFA process (on matters concerning this NoFA). All questions concerning this NoFA must be submitted in writing by email to . Only written questions will be accepted. No response other than written will be binding upon the State.
All questions about this NoFA must be submitted in the following format:
Citation of relevant section of the NoFA
Citation of relevant section of the NoFA
The DD Council
The Georgia Council on Developmental Disabilities (GCDD), is one of 56 entities of its type in the United States and territories that report to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and the Administration for Community Living. It is authorized under Public Law 106-402, the Developmental Disabilities Assistance and Bill of Rights Act Amendments of 2000.
Our activities are governed by a 27-member board, appointed by the Governor and comprised of at least 60 percent individuals with developmental disabilities and family members. Other members include policymakers that represent various agencies and organizations having a vested interested in persons with developmental disabilities.GCDD serves as an advocate for all persons with developmental disabilities. We are charged with creating systems change for people with developmental disabilities and their families by increasing opportunities for independence, inclusion, integration, productivity and self-determination. Activities include public policy research and analysis, reform, project demonstrations, education and training.
The GCDD is a state agency, attached to the Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) for administrative purposes. This means that DBHDD provides limited human resources services including recruitment, payroll and access to Georgia statewide policies. However, many services are not provided to the GCDD and because of its small size (11 employees) there is no one on staff who has human resources as part of their portfolio. GCDD wishes to engage objective, expert, external assistance to produce a new employee handbook that is customized to meet the current and foreseeable needs of the Organization, and addresses the performance based compensation system used by the State.